[gst-devel] Control Data Connection (and more)

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Fri Mar 16 21:36:39 CET 2001

Ted Gould wrote:

> Q3 - Has anyone gotten this package to work well on a PPC?  I have
> successfully compiled it on mine, but it crashes pretty regularly.
> Things like gstreamer-register crash when I run them, but when I run it
> under gdb, it runs fine...  Maybe it is a tool version problem - I am
> running LinuxPPC 2000 Q4.

Yup, works fine for me (Debian/testing PPC). The list of PPC issues
right now:
- mpg123 decoder broken (will look at it when capsnego is in, and I have
a fixed version of my sound driver) (it claims it can do LE but
can't...)
- videosink when not using Xv (which is impossible for some video
sources like my webcam)

What I got working:
- cdparanoia, MPEG1 (using Xv), vorbis, audiosink, v4lsrc

Haven't tried the other ones yet.

> Q4 - I am just niave on the whole autoconf configuring everything
> process.  Does anyone know a good resource for learning this?

Isn't that the "goat book" from O'Reilly ? Personally, I learnt by
reading other programs' code and going to gnu.org when really needed.

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net