[gst-devel] Website

Richard Boulton richard at tartarus.org
Sun Mar 18 17:55:41 CET 2001

The website is a little vulnerable at the moment: it has no change control
system.  I propose to address this by putting it into a CVS repository.

Changes to the website would then be made by modifying the CVS copy, and
then running a script to publish the updated version.  Modifications made
directly to the published website would be lost: so don't do that then.

It might be possible to set up a hook to update the published version of
the website whenever a CVS commit were done: the most likely problem with
this approach is permissions (I set this system up once before, but it
never worked nicely for that reason).  In any case, it shouldn't be too
much trouble to run a script manually to publish modifications.

I will set this up later this evening, unless people shout at me to tell me
not to.  So be warned: don't make modifications to the website for the
moment - or at least, talk to me first.  I'm on IRC for the rest of
today...

--
Richard