[gst-devel] GStreamer wiki

Richard Boulton richard at tartarus.org
Sun Mar 18 21:18:14 CET 2001

On Sun, Mar 18, 2001 at 01:38:12PM -0500, Tim 'Tool-Man' Taylor wrote:
> Here's an idea, borrowed from the ArsDigita Community System.  At the
> bottom of each HTML page of reference documentation -- below the
> chapter/section navigation -- a wiki page is appended to the content.
> This wiki page would serve as comments, questions, annotations, etc. for
> the current page -- the conceptual equivalent of "writing in the
> margins".  You don't put the documentation into wiki at all.

This is a _great_ idea.  That would be the perfect way forward I think.

Actually, it could make sense for the whole website: you'd have the wiki
area which is pure wiki, but also at the bottom of each webpage you'd have
an included wiki page where people can put whatever additional information
or corrections they want to.  At their leisure, an editorial team could
incorporate the good modifications into the permanent page.

--
Richard