[gst-devel] flow network terminology

Tim 'Tool-Man' Taylor tim at tool-man.org
Thu Mar 29 10:14:30 CEST 2001

Erik Walthinsen wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Tim 'Tool-Man' Taylor wrote:
>

>> Recently I've been rereading "Concurrent Programming in Java" by Doug
>> Lea.  One of the sections covers generic flow networks.  Gstreamer being
>> a multimedia flow network some of the terminology he used might be
>> appropriate to gstreamer.  I've added a Wiki page about it:
>>
>> <http://gstreamer.net/cgi-bin/wiki/moin.cgi/FlowNetwork>
>

> Cool!  Though the ASCII diagrams are hard to follow in variable-width
> font.  taaz, do you know the syntax for a <pre></pre> style markup?

Uhm...I already did that ;-)

I used the Wiki syntax for a "source code" block, i.e.:

{{{
ascii art here
}}}

Which it translates to:

<pre class="code">
ascii art here
</pre>

Which is rendered monospace in NS4.x and mozilla under linux.  Here's
the relevant style from /wiki/default.css:

pre.code {
     margin-top: 8pt;
     margin-bottom: 8pt;
     background-color: #E0E0E0;
     white-space:pre;
     border-style:none;
     border-width:thin;
     width:100%;
}

My guess is that it's probably flexing a CSS bug in your browser.  You
could try adding a 'font-family: monospace;' to the above and see if
that fixes it.

--
Tim Taylor
tim at tool-man.org