[gst-devel] Even cooler than ascii art?

Dennis Smit synap at area101.penguin.nl
Thu May 17 14:19:06 CEST 2001

Christian Schaller wrote:

> Hi,
> I saw this on Slashdot about a system for Quake to make the levels look
> like they where sketched. Looks really cool, like that old A-ha video
> for 'Take on me'.
>
> Anyway is this possible to implement as a GStreamer plugin?

The difference between quake and gstreamer is that they can render the 3d
information just like that.. filtering 2d information to such
an visual is pretty much more difficult but i bet it is possible (with an
killer machine if you want it real time)... look at
effectv (www.freshmeat.net) search there.. also verry cool filtering stuff
to implent in gstreamer.