[gst-devel] autoconf macros

David I. Lehn dlehn at vt.edu
Mon Nov 19 09:45:06 CET 2001

* Andy Wingo <apwingo at eos.ncsu.edu> [20011119 11:58]:
> hey. would there be any objection to putting the m4's that we need into
> acinclude.m4? it's a hack, but the whole usage of separate m4's for each
> package is a hack too, now that pkgconfig exists. This would be a nice
> stopgap measure until we are completely using packages with pkgconfig
> data. also, it would mean that i wouldn't have to have esd on my system
> ;)

That will override the system m4s right?  Which means someone will need
to update those things from time to time.  Maintenance == bad.  Auto
updating == good.  I vote against it since no one will remember to
update that file.  Unless of course you are volunteering?  But that
means you'd have to have that stuff installed anyway.  Hmmm.

David I. Lehn <dlehn at vt.edu>  | http://www.lehn.org/~dlehn/
Computer Engineering Graduate @ Virginia Tech in sunny Blacksburg, VA