[gst-devel] H.263/MP3/RTSP/RTP

Rob Lanphier robla at real.com
Tue Oct 16 18:29:09 CEST 2001

Hi all,

Has there been much thought put into RTSP, RTP, H.263+, and MP3 support in
GStreamer.  I realize that MP3 support is done, but is there support for
MP3/RTP as described either in RFC 2250 or RFC 3119?

The reason why I ask is that the newly released RealOne Player supports
this permutation of standards, and thus it would conceivably be possible
for GStreamer to play back the same streams that our player does without
having to resort to reverse engineering of any sort.

Rob

p.s.  For those of you curious about the RealSystem SDK thread from last
week, there's a couple of nasty clauses in the SDK that I'm still
investigating, but that's on the backburner right now.  I'll report when I
have more.