[gst-devel] Re: Gstreamer ?

Jamin Philip Gray jgray at writeme.com
Thu Oct 25 10:52:10 CEST 2001

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Erik Walthinsen wrote:

> On 23 Oct 2001, Charles Iliya Krempeaux wrote:
>
> > I don't think it will be ready by then.  It is more
> > likely that it will be included in Gnome 2.2.
>
> There's been talk of including it in Fifth Toe, depending on when that is
> and what state GStreamer is in at the time.  It seems that getting
> GStreamer into GNOME 2.0 in some form is the wish of quite a few people (I
> had no idea that many people had even heard of it...), we should try to
> get it into shape by some deadline.  Anyone know what the deadline is
> these days for Fifth Toe?

No 5th Toe schedule has been created yet.  I'm working on a preliminary
schedule which I'll propose in the next week or so.  There are a number of
issues to discuss, for example, do we include GNOME 1.x applications in the
5th now?  A lot of those questions will depend on the willingness of
maintainers to port their code.  As the GNOME 2 platform matures, porting
documentation is released, it'll become much more clear what 5th Toe will
look like and when it will be released.

name:    Jamin Philip Gray
email:   jgray at writeme.com
icq:     1361499
aim:     jamingray47
web:     http://DoLinux.dyn.dhs.org

John and Mary had never met. They were like two hummingbirds who
had also never met. (Russell Beland, Springfield)