[gst-devel] dvd design

Andy Wingo apwingo at eos.ncsu.edu
Fri Sep 28 20:25:01 CEST 2001

Hi David,

On Fri, 28 Sep 2001, David I. Lehn wrote:

> does it make sense to have really dynamic pads?  like start requesting a
> pad for vts stream from title 3 and you get a "vts_3" pad?  request ifo
> for title 8 and get "ifo_8"?  i'm not even sure what it means to stream
> an ifo.  its a data structure not a stream.

I don't know anything about dvd's. However, I just committed something
allowing requests for, say "ifo_8" to be recognized as an example of the
"ifo_%d" template, if it exists. check gst_element_request_pad_by_name
to see its current implementation, it's pretty nast but if you have a
better way that's cool. point being, you could have a general "ifo_%d"
template and allow the app to request "ifo_8" if they liked, and that
requested name could get passed to the dvd player element, as a manner
of requesting a particular ifo (whatever that is ;). I implemented it so
that one could ask for a particular channel on a multichannel sound
card, but i'd imagine the concept is analogous for a dvd.

options, options...

wingo