[gst-devel] option question

Andy Wingo wingo at pobox.com
Tue Apr 16 05:20:08 CEST 2002

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:

> This is probably for Andy, but is there some way we can make all the
> g-flags available to gst apps as well ? Or does popt make that difficult ?
> If so, should the glib init function be called before gst_init ?

GLib itself doesn't have command line options or an init function. The
type and threading system has an init function, but no arg parsing.
Those args are part of gnome and are provided by gnome; they call glib
functions. I would hesitate to add them as --g-* because some gstreamer
apps use the gnome libs, which could cause problems. Importing them as
--gst-* should be ok though.

regards.

wingo.