[gst-devel] nasty cothread bug (apparently)

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Fri Aug 2 12:35:09 CEST 2002

On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 12:15:22PM -0400, Andy Wingo wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Aug 2002, Bastien Nocera wrote:
>
> This backtrace is from the 'standard' scheduler, which is not the
> default for gstreamer 0.4.0. The standard scheduler is known not to work
> with PPC, for reasons that I haven't yet determined.

CVS does not compile because of warnings about local variables
possibly being overwritten by a call to longjump (or sigsetjmp,
can't remember).

IIRC, when I forced i386 to use the sigsetjmp method, it would
get crashes in the same way as ppc, so I'm guessing this is
a problem on potentially all non-i386 architectures or non-glibc
systems.  (I.e., systems without makecontext(), etc.)

dave...