[gst-devel] Patch for Mime types

iain iain at prettypeople.org
Fri Dec 6 07:19:05 CET 2002

Hey guys,

before 0.5.0 goes out, I'd like to commit this patch that aligns some of
GStreamers mimetypes with gnome-vfs'

The changes are:
lame - audio/mp3 to audio/x-mp3
mad  - audio/mp3 to audio/x-mp3
flac - audio/x-flac to application/x-flac

Note that the official mimetype for mp3 files is actually audio/mpeg
but I think it's better to be consistant with the rest of the desktop
than with some theoretical height (for the time being...I will file a
bug against Gnome-vfs and we can change to audio/mpeg when they do)

iain
--
"Music for me is the proof of the existence of god." - Kurt Vonnegut