[gst-devel] re-encode MPEG2 video stream with gstreamer

Michael Rothwell rothwell at holly-springs.nc.us
Wed Dec 11 10:30:01 CET 2002

I'm thinking of using gstreamer to re-encode an MPEG2 video stream. I'd
love to be able to do it in real-time, but don't have to. My current
thinking is to split (mpegparse) the source stream, videoscale it, and
re-encode it, while simply passing through the audio. Has anoyone done
anything like this who might be able to offer some tips, information
about speed of conversion, deinterlacing, etc.?

-Michael