Thomas Vander Stichele
thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Mon Feb 4 02:59:02 CET 2002
I scrubbed some of the build stuff and unused code stuff (not all though,
not sure what is being used atm) from Company's player.
I also took the opportunity to finally put this in the cvs module we
agreed on, gst-player. Also, the binary is now called the same.
What I did :
* renamed some files here and there
* make "make distcheck" pass
* put pixmaps in a separate place
* make sure pixmaps are found, whether you run uninstalled or installed
* added spec file, the rpm installs nicely
* moved functions to a library (only one source file, main.c, in src/ dir)
* removed gnome1 stuff from build (NOT from source, lots of #ifdef
* implemented some of my build ideas (use of gst-autogen.sh helper
functions to be shared with other modules, use of as-version.m4 to
implement the versioning scheme I proposed)
What still to do :
* find out what gnome stuff we need (right now the RPM ends up needing
stuff like libSSL)
What I'd also like to do this week is apply some of the build structure
ideas to the other modules, first in gst-plugins, then in gstreamer core.
Could the people who might care or have problems with this take a look at
the build for gst-player and give me some feedback on what they'd like to
see changed ?
The Dave/Dina Project : future TV today ! - http://davedina.apestaart.org/
See how I vigorously don't care
<-*- thomas at apestaart.org -*->
URGent, the best radio on the Internet - 24/7 ! - http://urgent.rug.ac.be/
More information about the gstreamer-devel