[gst-devel] Newbie Question: Loops and Queues

rahul at reno.cis.upenn.edu rahul at reno.cis.upenn.edu
Mon Feb 11 14:20:03 CET 2002

Hi Folks,
I am trying to write a simple pipeline, with a fakesrc, a queue, and a
thread, where the thread has an identity and a fakesink. It seems to run
fine, with a handoff signal defined on the sink, and nowhere else. It
has 3 cothreads, presumable for the src, sink, and identity.

I have gone throught the queue examples and tests in the CVS, perhaps I
missed it, but I could not find an example of a loop based
situation(which identity supports) where the thread spawns cothreads
which read from queue and give to identity. Is it correct to think that
I ought to be using identity in loop mode? In the distribution lat.c
shows the example of identity and queue, but does not demo a pad_pull.

I'd be grateful is someone could point me to an appropriate example, or
illustrate in a bit of pseudocode, what I ought to be doing. I am using
these examples and the debug masks to try and understand how gstreamer
does what it does..
Thanks a lot,
Rahul