richard at tartarus.org
Wed Feb 13 03:59:02 CET 2002
Some more details about my modified syncmail script.
1) It requires an entry in CVSROOT/commitinfo as well as
CVSROOT/loginfo, so that it can do the commit grouping.
2) It can be entirely configured on the command line (ie, in the entry
in CVSROOT/loginfo), so the actual CVSROOT/syncmail script should
never need changing: I have three projects using the script - this
property makes maintainance much easier.
3) The emails are in a slightly nicer format, in my opinion, though this
can be configured to some extent.
4) The code is quite a bit larger, but well commented and structured, so
improving it is quite easy. I also have a very good understanding of
the code (since I did most of the modifications), so you have access
to the skills required to customise it as you wish.
5) I knew of only one bug in the script, and I fixed that this morning.
6) It can either produce a set of links to a viewcvs interface, or put
the actual patches into the email (or both).
I attach an example commit mailing generated by the script.
If people wish, I can spend a little time this evening and put it in
place for gstreamer.
From: James Aylett <tartarus at users.sourceforge.net>
To: xapian-commits at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Xapian-commits] om tartarus
Date: 18 Dec 2001 15:38:29 -0800
CVS Root: /cvsroot/xapian
Module name: om
Changes by: tartarus
Date: Tue Dec 18 2001 15:38:29 PST
. : ChangeLog NEWS README
docs : indexerquickstart.html intro.html
languages/dutch : stem_dutch.h
Changed pointers to xapian.org where appropriate.
Removed an out of date copyright message that listed BSN only (it's not
really feasible to have a code-wide copyright statement now).
Xapian-commits mailing list
Xapian-commits at lists.sourceforge.net
More information about the gstreamer-devel