[gst-devel] Just to encourage you all, from the xine list

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Mon Feb 25 03:52:02 CET 2002

Date: 07 Feb 2002 15:14:08 +0000
From: Rich Wareham <rjw57 at hermes.cam.ac.uk>
To: Stefan Kombrink <katakombi at gmx.net>
Cc: xine-user at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [xine-user] just some annotations

(SNIP)

> KDE/aRts-TEAM XINE:
> --------------------------
> And last but not least:
> Who knows about the KDE project which likes to implement libxine in KDE?
> There's no proper information under http://dot.kde.org/1012195348/ and I
> suppose the link on this page is invalid.

Yup I did know about this and think its a wonderful idea... I had always thought
noatun was a bit clunky and slow as media players go but I tried out the aRts
plugin and woo-hoo.. v. nice. It appears I was wrong. Noatun rocks.. it
was just the previous video plugin whcih didn't.

I would _love_ to help with this but I know precisely nada about the KDE
multimedia framework (and I still pace my bet on GStreamer taking the
crown once its stable + fast + has a sync plugin). If devel.kde.org ever
get a nice, complete and accurate HOWTO/tutorial/guide to the aRts
framework up I'll be the first to dip my toe.

If you go
go for good
don't fucking joke
you know I would