[gst-devel] pending release

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Thu Jul 4 07:19:08 CEST 2002

Hello,

So, the prereleases seem to work for people.  I have set up an apt
repository containing rpms for the 0.3.4.3 prerelease.  Info at
http://gstreamer.net/releases/redhat/

For those that wanted this to move, let me know if this dir is ok, so that
I can commit to cvs and remove the /apt stuff again.
I'd like to get a definitive dir to pass on to ximian.

Meanwhile, Ximian is pulling that repository twice a day for red-carpet.
The channel is still private, but if everything works and we're happy
with the final release we will make it public.

Re: the release, I have two issues to bring up :

a) for some reason, some of the mpeg related plug-ins fail in both the
prerelease and current cvs.  gst-inspect mpegdemux segfaults.  I thought
it was just me, but it's on two machines and other people have reported
this on IRC as well.  Can someone look into it ? gdb is not very useful.

b) on a related note, at this point no "-g" is added to cflags in both
core and plug-ins.  Would it be best to do this if --enable-DEBUG is
passed to configure, or doesn't it matter ?
If it gives better gdb info, then I'd rather like to put it in, and do
this before the release.

Thomas

My baby she knows
the weight that I'm under