[gst-devel] gst-player

Steve Baker steve at stevebaker.org
Wed Jul 10 12:36:02 CEST 2002

> What plugins should work with the player?
> Is it strictly for video files or should audio only also work?

All gstreamer supported audio and video formats should work, which the
exception of some little used audio formats like sid and mod.

> I have built a Mandrake rpm for the player but I have only a very
> limited number of media files with which to test.
> Of those I have when Play is selected the app segfaults with the message
> "cothread: there's no context, help!"

You're not the first to report this.  It should work fine - I think we
need to investigate this problem further. A --gst-mask=-1 dump would be
useful, and bugzilla would be a good place to put it.

> The fact that it is Alpha does not preclude it, but I would have qualms
> about uploading and recommending its inclusion without the knowledge of
> what should and what won't work.

You should probably hold off until we look into your issue.

cheers