[gst-devel] error building libgstaasink_la-gstaasink.lo

Michael Rothwell rothwell at holly-springs.nc.us
Sat Jul 13 09:29:02 CEST 2002

On Sat, 2002-07-13 at 12:06, Charles A Edwards wrote:
> Sorry it did not work out.

It's not your fault, but thanks.

> I know that on our build there were 4 plugins which caused the
> "-Werror," , aalib, arts, avifile, and dv.
> Before the patch %configure had to be set --disable for those 4.

Ah. That explains why you could build, and I can't, at least in part.
Did vorbis build for you? Is there a way to disable the &%#$@&^#$
-Werror flag during the RPM build?

The GCC team position on -I/usr/include is that you shouldn't do it, and
there is no way to disable that warning. Perhaps they should have made
it ignore system include dirs in -I options, rather than error out.

Thanks,

Michael Rothwell
e: rothwell at holly-springs.nc.us
k: http://www.flyingbuttmonkeys.com/rothwell-public-key.txt