[gst-devel] Playstation2 Linux

Casey Marshall scemar at lycos.com
Mon Jul 22 19:57:02 CEST 2002

I am able to build gstreamer and gst-plugins 0.4.0 for PS2Linux but unable to run anything useful with it so far.

For those less familiar with PS2Linux, my system has a MIPS 5900 CPU running Linux 2.2.1 with an OSS driver for the sound.  It has a HW-accelerated version of SDL for video too.

gst-launch fakesrc ! fakesink works fine.

These do not work:
gst-launch sinesrc ! osssink
gst-launch filesrc location=/z/mp3/rabbitweed.mp3 ! mad ! osssink

gst-launch terminates on SIGBUS as follows:
0x3c1c0005 in ?? ()
(gdb) up
#1  0x2b1c89b4 in cothread_switch (thread=Cannot access memory at address 0x50.
) at cothreads.c:636
636         GST_ARCH_CALL (cothread_stub);
(gdb) print cothread_stub
$1 = {void ()} 0x2b1c80d8 <cothread_stub>
(gdb) x 0x2b1c80d8
0x2b1c80d8 <cothread_stub>:     0x3c1c0005
(gdb) up
Cannot access memory at address 0x48.
(gdb)

Let me guess... there is some architecture-dependence in cothreads!  Any ideas on where to start porting?  What might be architecturally-dependent in the cothreads?

Thanks!
Casey