[gst-devel] GConf stuff

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Fri Jun 7 15:50:04 CEST 2002

So,

the gstreamer keys used to be in /apps/gstreamer.

Since apps is really not the right place since we're a lib, and /desktop
is also not right since we want to be gnome-agnostic and we should also be
able to work under console, I asked Havoc what would be the right place
and he suggested /system/gstreamer.

So that's what I changed it too.  If there are any objections then make
them fast, as I hope this place will be frozen when we release 0.4.0 which
should be soon-ish.

Dobey has offered to make a capplet for it, which is great ! we should be
the ones providing it anyway so we can set desktop defaults for gnome.

If anyone has any suggestions on what we should put there, let us know.
At the moment it has audiosink and videosink.

Personally, I'd like it if through some advanced mode you could also
provide default audio and video output pipelines, so that you can do funky
undocumented stuff, like always use the agingTV effect when playing video
;)

And an audiosrc would make sense as well I guess.  Maybe even videosrc.

 Thomas

I can't go away with you on a rock climbing weekend
What if something's on TV and it's never shown again
Just as well I'm not invited I'm afraid of heights
I lied about being the outdoor type
<-*- thomas at apestaart.org -*->