[gst-devel] Re: potential for midi support in GStreamer

Steve Baker steve at stevebaker.org
Mon Jun 17 13:12:07 CEST 2002

On Mon, 2002-06-17 at 21:44, Xavier Bestel wrote:
> Le lun 17/06/2002 à 21:19, Steve Baker a écrit :
> > So maybe support both methods in the long run but start with globbing
> > the whole file.
>
> I think this defeats completely the "streamer" in "gstreamer" ...

Fair enough, but my point was that there are midi file formats which are
by definition unstreamable, therefore a midi plugin needs to support
streaming and globbing - and globbing might be easiest to implement
first. The modplug plugin also reads an entire file before playing so
its a valid technique. (as least it will be when the spider is fixed to
handle it ;)