[gst-devel] Re: potential for midi support in GStreamer

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Tue Jun 18 03:05:04 CEST 2002

On Mon, 2002-06-17 at 20:19, Steve Baker wrote:
[...]
> It would be seriously hard to make a big midi file.  Also for some file
> types the tracks are not interleaved so you basically have to load the
> whole file.

Data point: the biggest MIDI file I've ever met is 323kB, and is a
version on _Tubular Bells_. If you want it, google for TUBBEL.MID. Lots
of hits. (It's damned good, too, played through Timidity.)

BTW, it wouldn't be hard to seriously inflate the size of a MIDI file by
putting loads of sysexs in it --- for example, downloading samples into
a softsynth.

--
+- David Given --McQ-+ "A character is considered to be a letter if and
+- www.cowlark.com --+ specification