[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] thomasvs common: common/m4/

Richard Boulton richard at tartarus.org
Sun Mar 10 12:52:02 CET 2002

On Sun, 2002-03-10 at 20:29, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> Yes, if they fix the issue ;)
> Actually, I do it there because then at least I know people read it ...
> seems like it's a better way to get a response on the issue then mailing
> to gst-devel ;)

I'd be surprised if there are (m)any people subscribed to gst-cvs but
not gst-devel.  I think the best approach is for commit messages to
describe nothing other than what was done, and if appropriate what it
might affect.  If there's a question that needs to be answered, or a
point to be raised about the commit, then the best thing to do is to
reply to the commit mailing (on gst-devel, ofc).

The only reason that I've sometimes put other things in my commit
messages is laziness: A choice between adding a line to the commit
message, or firing up my email client to send a message.  It's probably
worth not being lazy here.

--
Richard