[gst-devel] Building plugins

Sojan James sojan at malkauns.nsc.com
Thu Mar 21 02:47:03 CET 2002

Hi All,
  I'm trying to build a source plugin for gstreamer. Since I've never
worked on GObject, gtk... before, I decided to start from scratch so I may
understand better. I'm beginning to enjoy GLib, wish I had known about it
before.
I have the plugin ready, but I couldn't figure out a
way to build it. A simple gcc compile generating an object file didn't
work, gst-register gave an error.
  How do I add my plugin to the source tree so that I may build it along
with the others, or better still, how do I compile a plugin individually,
without having to muck around with the *.am and *.in files?

TIA
Regards
Sojan.