[gst-devel] Buffers.....dont have any.

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Fri Mar 22 05:46:06 CET 2002

On Fri, 2002-03-22 at 15:14, Sojan James wrote:
> The idea is to keep v4l2 totally out of the mpeg decoder plugin.
> This is  the reason why. Suppose sometime later, I need to add some
> processing between the mpeg decoder and the v4l2 sink. If we follow the
> design of the v4l2mjpeg sink plugin, it will be impossible to separate the
> two.

at least for the mjpegsink, you *can't* separate the two. You just feed
the driver a JPEG frame and it will display it. That's all. There's
nothing that can be done in between. I had the idea that the same was
also true for your card, but I understand that it works different for
your card/driver? I.e. your card is able to decode a MPEG frame, give it
back to the use for processing? (That's odd, that's not how most cards
work).

We need to discuss this, I feel we're not talking about exactly the same
thing ;-). I'll be on the chat tonight :-).

Ronald

--
-   .-.
-   /V\    | Ronald Bultje <rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net>