[gst-devel] registry loading plugins in wrong order

Baker, Steve SBaker at CHELLO.com
Tue May 14 02:06:02 CEST 2002

When gst-register is run, some plugins don't register because their helper
libs don't load.  It only happens with libs in gst-plugins/gst-libs.

It happens because "gst-libs" comes after "ext" and "gst" when sorting
alphabetically, hence they are registered after they are actually needed.

I've had a poke around but an elegent fix is not immediately apparent to me.
My temporary soltion is to set my GST_PLUGIN_PATH to:
/home/steveb/projects/gstreamer/gstreamer:/home/steveb/projects/gstreamer/gs
t-plugins/gst-libs:/home/steveb/projects/gstreamer/gst-plugins
to ensure that gst-libs gets registered before the other plugins.

I'm sure Wim can come up with a simple fix for this.

cheers