[gst-devel] 0.4.2 still crashes on Mandrake 9.0

Götz Waschk waschk at informatik.uni-rostock.de
Mon Nov 4 00:56:11 CET 2002

Am Sonntag,  3. November 2002, 15:58:09 Uhr MET, schrieb Thomas Vander Stichele:
> what are the opt flags you use for compiling it ?
> If -O3 is one of them, you deserve a spanking ;)

Hi,

the compiler flags include -O3, that are the default Mandrake flags.
There were no problems yet with gcc 3.2 caused by optimization that
I'm aware of. The complete flags:
-O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -mcpu=pentiumpro -march=i586 -ffast-math -fno-strength-reduce

> Don't use -O3.
> If it's not that, please let us know what the opt flags are.
I'll try to build it without optimization tonight. But if my memory
doesn't serve me wrong I've already done this with the last version I
tried (0.4.1) and it didn't help.
--
   Götz Waschk <> master of computer science  <> University of Rostock
 http://wwwtec.informatik.uni-rostock.de/~waschk/waschk.asc for PGP key