[gst-devel] seeking VBR

Joshua N Pritikin vishnu at pobox.com
Wed Nov 27 04:26:03 CET 2002

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 01:15:36PM +0100, Xavier Bestel wrote:
> Le mer 27/11/2002 à 12:27, Joshua N Pritikin a écrit :
> > What use cases do you have in mind?  Nautilus can store a tar of
> > XML & binary data in its metadata-cache just as easily as any other
> > format, no?
>
> I was thinking about an NLE who could save other informations (corrected
> ratio, etc.) with the timecache.
> But the more I think about it, the more I feel the "right" solution is
> input-plugin dependant: saving would vary very much depending on where
> the data comes from. A streaming client or a file plugin won't do the
> same thing. The gnome-vfs plugin should take advantage of the nautilus
> meta-data.

For what it's worth, my app implements a per-film XML spec:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE film>
<film>
  <media>
    <path>/local/aleader/nau-scene1.mpg</path>
    <toc>/local/aleader/nau-scene1.mpg.toc</toc>
    <duration>208.52</duration>
    <timeadj>643.6</timeadj>
  </media>
</film>

So that's how i solved it.

--
Victory to the Divine Mother!!         after all,
  http://sahajayoga.org                  http://why-compete.org