[gst-devel] Re: Audio but no video - Is there any SuSE user who can help? [was: undefined reference while compiling gst-player-0.4.1]

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Thu Oct 3 09:24:04 CEST 2002

> But there is a new problem:
> I can play mp3 files but when I try to play a mpeg file, I just
> have the audio, no video.

You're probably missing some plug-ins, but ...

> I assume, this is caused by the missing plugin:
> dxr3videosink
> The config.log shows:
> linux/em8300.h : No such file or directory
> I have installed the kernel sources, but there is no
> em8300.h file

This is probably not the one you need to worry about ;) first of all you
don't need all plugins to have it work, second dxr3 is a hardware MPEG
decoder card.

You haven't told us how you play the mpeg file.  Try using gst-launch-ext
- it will complain about missing plug-ins.

You are probably just missing mpeg2dec, I guess.
Let us know which ones you're missing.

If you can't figure it out, file a bug report and attach output of
gst-feedback

Thomas

Ik voel me zo door jou verlaten
als een zoebox zonder platen