[gst-devel] stable branch

Benjamin Otte in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Wed Apr 2 16:07:04 CEST 2003

Hi people,

Some questions on policies and stuff.

1) All the little bugfixes I did everywhere and included in 0.7, shall I
diff them all and include the diffs in a bugreport on bugzilla and wait
for someone to apply them or am I allowed to apply them myself and you
throw them out again if they have issues?

2) What does API compatibility mean wrt to plugins?

2a) People wanted to include the new alsa plugin and throw out the old
one. Is this ok?

2b) How about adding new plugins? Do they need to be stable somehow or
will we even add "not-so-good" plugins? Because newly added plugins tend
to have issues and we get lots of bug reports and "you suck" messages if
plugins have issues.
I'd prefer to disable them by default but include them in the tarball.

2c) Changing properties of plugins is probably API breakage, right?
Cdparanoia supports a "diskid" property which cannot be made to work
correctly. What is the correct thing to do there?

Cheers,
Benjamin