[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] dschleef gstreamer: gstreamer/

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Wed Aug 6 11:22:02 CEST 2003

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 11:27:09AM +0200, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> Hi david,
>
> beside missing the macro itself (adding it to the branch right now) this
> might not be a good idea since we try to keep the branch compilable at
> all times for gnome cvs builds.  Being on sf generates enough bad blood
> as is :)

I would prefer that jhbuild (or whatever) use 'make CFLAGS=-Wno-error'
and leave the default as whatever will annoy developers into fixing
the problems.  I don't think -Werror is appropriate for an automatic
production build.

> any chance i could revert this patch until the compiler problems are
> fixed ?

Don't much care, but I doubt they'll be fixed if people don't notice.

dave...