[gst-devel] v4lsrc svhs input

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Mon Aug 25 17:54:09 CEST 2003

Hi Kai,

On Wed, 2003-08-20 at 11:42, Kai Gossens wrote:
> Now i have the next problem:
> >From the v4lsrc i get a video size of 928 x 576. The real size is 480 x  328.
> I think the v4lsrc is not getting the real size. Thats the maximum size of the tv card.
>
> What is going wrong?
> Can you help me?

v4lsrc (in HEAD) queries the max. size in the driver. This means that
either the driver reports a wrong size, or something else is (very!)
wrong.  It might also be scaling it, depending on your pipeline, but it
shouldn't do that normally.

However, if it works, I assume that it's the driver doing some fancy
stuff, and that's apparently right (else it wouldn't work).

Ronald