[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] teuf gst-plugins: gst-plugins/ext/flac/ gst-plugins/ext/vorbis/ gst-plugins/gst/tags/

Benjamin Otte in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Mon Dec 1 04:02:24 CET 2003

Retagging only works in thgeory as there is no autoplugger that knows
what to do about retagging.

Tag reading should work by doing filesrc ! spider ! application/x-gst-tags
! fakesink (though that has issues with spider's use of vorbisfile vs
oggdemux - someone write vorbisdec please)

I intend to make autoplugging for retagging work like this:
1) my_caps = caps of input stream
2) plug my_caps => my_caps where one element in the plugged pipeline
implements the GstTagSetter interface.
3) Set tags on that interface.

This obviously means for both cases, that the first element to allow tag
reading / editing is used. So in the case of flac, it'll use the ID3v2 tag
if there is one and not even bother to read out other tags.
If you ask me, a media file with 2 different tags is buggy anyway.

Benjamin