[gst-devel] gst-player can't find gnomevfssrc?

David Topper topper at virginia.edu
Fri Dec 12 12:36:03 CET 2003

Sorry to bug you guys.  But I'm having some trouble getting the
gstreamer stuff working under Slackware 9.1.  I've got gstreamer,
gst-plugins, and gst-player all to compile and "install" fine.  But when
I fire up gst-player, it complains about not being able to find the
gnomevfssrc plugin.  But if I look in /usr/local/lib/gstreamer-0.7 I see
libgstgnomevfs.la  and libgstgnomevfs.so.

Also, ./configure for gst-plugins states clearly that the gnomevfssrc
plugin WILL be built.

So I'm at a loss.

All I'm looking for is a simple way to read/write various video formats
and develop some effects for them.  Right now, I'd be happy with the
simple ability to play video files from start X to end Y.  The longer
term goal is to fold this into an already existing audio synth engine
I've co-written.

The docs don't make it immediately apparent how to do this.  But I
suspect if some key libraries are being found, it wouldn't matter if
they did.

Thanks,

DT

--
Technical Director - Virginia Center for Computer Music
http://www.virginia.edu/music/vccm.html