[gst-devel] prereleases ! test them !

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Thu Dec 18 13:05:05 CET 2003

El jue, 18-12-2003 a las 21:49, Benjamin Otte escribió:
> On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
>
> > Please test them.  Ronald managed to fix the most glaring problems,
> > including seeking, mp3 causing problems with spider, and telling me to
> > move oggmux/demux to experimental since it overtakes vorbisfile in
> > spider :)
> >
> Unfortunately this means tag extraction doesn't work for vorbis. So I
> think just making oggdemux experimental is not the proper fix.

... which is a good reason to make sure we don't deprecate the old stuff
before the new stuff works, up to the point where the user uses it.

> You guys should stop disabling stuff because it doesn't work anyway. Just
> like those docs disabling, shees...

I went with BBB's suggestion.  Any solution that would have made spider
play vorbis would have been fine by me.  For the record, I think you
should make sure that GStreamer keeps playing oggs out of the box.  Like
BBB said for the exact same thing for MP3, "it would be humiliating to
release like that" :)

But, I'm willing to go with whatever suggestion you have here.  To me,
actual playback is way more important than getting tags :)  This is a
PRErelease, so there's still time to suggest a better fix.

Thomas