[gst-devel] cleaning up of CVSROOT

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Sun Dec 21 02:03:11 CET 2003

Hey,

so, I want to do some simple clean-ups of our CVSROOT.

Things I'd like to do:
a) create a "basement" directory
b) move all of the old stuff there that isn't worth checking out for
regular usage, but might somehow be interesting.
Right now, this includes:
gst-glib2-test
gst-oldplayer
gstplay

c) completely remove "website" as the README there asks

d) move/remove subdirs from specific modules to basement/$module:

- gstreamer/
  swig/ : remove
  components/: move (this seems to contain old bonobo stuff, maybe worth
looking at ?)
  editor/ : move
  gstplay/ : move
  test/: move
  win32/: remove
  scripts/: remove

These are all things that should be easy to move and not cause problems.

If you have any more you'd like moved, let me know.
If you object to stuff being moved or removed, let me know as well.

After that, we might consider restructuring some of the existing
modules, and splitting off parts in new topdirs.  These are typically
things that do cause a bit of pain.  My idea is to put some sort of
control files and hooks in autogen.sh to detect if you're behind on CVS
dir structure, and rearrange some stuff manually if it is.  I can test
this locally on a local cvsroot before forcing this on others.
What do you think ?

Thomas

Dave/Dina : future TV today ! - http://davedina.apestaart.org/
I know everybody here wants you
I know everybody here thinks he needs you
And I'll be waiting right here just to show you
how our love will blow it all away