[gst-devel] caps doesn't remember?

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Wed Dec 24 04:24:03 CET 2003

Hi,

pipeline:
gst-launch filesrc location=/media/clips/Trance\ Energy\ 2002\
DvDSebRip.avi ! avidemux .video_00 ! { queue ! ffdec_mpeg4 !
ffcolorspace ! ximagesink }

I added g_print in avidemux right before try_set_caps() and in ffdec
right at the start of the link function:

AVI caps: video/x-divx, divxversion=(int)5, framerate=(double)25.000000,
width=(int)640, height=(int)464
Incoming: video/x-divx, divxversion=(int)5, framerate=(double)0.000000,
width=(int)16, height=(int)16

How can that be? 16 and 0.0 are the lowest values in the pad template on
avidemux's src pads, but they shouldn't be here. Is something going bad
here? What's mainpulating caps in between try_set_caps() and the link
function call?

Also ffmpegdec calls if (!GST_PAD_CAPS (pad)) { ... set caps ...} on its
own src side. This is called (successfully!) during each iteration,
which doesn't really help either. GST_PAD_CAPS() always returns null.

Lastly, videotestsrc ! ffcolorspace ! ximagesink capsnegoes
successfully, but I see no image on my display. There is data flowing
through the pipeline, though (all the way down to ximagesink). What's
going on there?

If anyone feels like fixing, please do. I'm off to university first! ;).

Ronald

Linux Video/Multimedia developer