[gst-devel] Re: gstprops.c bugfix

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Tue Feb 4 07:53:03 CET 2003

On 29 Jan 2003, Ronald Bultje wrote:

> Hey Thomas,
>
> idea is simple: new caps don't have an owner and thus must have the
> FLOATING flag set. Somehow, this makes them fixed. Don't ask me why,
> Benjamin (Company) knows more.
>
> Ronald

Hm, well :)

if the patch is accompanied by "don't ask me why", I'll have a hard time
validating it :) Can we discuss this a little ?

I think it's also about time we start discussing how we can properly
review core code.  I hear from a few directions (not all of them from
gnome) that GStreamer would quickly be adopted if the damn thing just
*worked*.

Being on the inside, I have a feeling it would help if we would make sure
our core was rock solid in all cases, not only on our personal systems,
and even then at best only at times :)

Thomas

Will you take me for a ride
The one that never ends
<-*- thomas  (at) apestaart (dot) org -*->