[gst-devel] various gstreamer-releated questions

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Mon Feb 10 01:49:04 CET 2003

> > It's in there as well. "make install" installs it fine.
> In there, meaning in nautilus-media? I actually didn't build nautilus-media
> from CVS, I grabbed the RPM (versioned 0.2.1) from redhat rawhide - the audio
> view and properties page work great, but I see no thumbnails (well, I do now,
> because I got totem's thumnailer working, but I didn't before)...

Ah, well, what you can try to do is run it manually to see if it gives any
clue about possible errors.

run gst-thumbnail (movie name) (png name) and see if it says "Snapped" or
not.  If it did, it dumped a png and you can check if it works.  If it
didn't, something else is wrong.

I can't give you the gconf location of the thumbnailers now, because I'm
not at my pc.  You could check there if the commands are set up right.

> when I try
> to build nautilus-media from CVS, make errors out with: "libtool: link:
> cannot find the library `/usr/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.la'". I have pango 1.2.1,
> installed from RPM... do I need to build it from CVS as well in order make it
> work?

the quickest workaround to this problem is to do
cd /usr/lib
rm -f *.la

.la files are only needed for portability library linking, which you don't
need on your system since you run a fairly advanced linux version ...

> gst-player from CVS also fails to build for me... make complains about being
> unable to find /usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.la... please don't tell me I need to
> build all of gnome from CVS to get it working ;)

Same here.  And no, you don't need all of gnome CVS :)

Thomas

What am I still to you ?
Some thief who stole from you ?
Or some fool drama queen whose chances were few
<-*- thomas  (at) apestaart (dot) org -*->