[gst-devel] segfault in gst-register...

aschlag at surfbest.net aschlag at surfbest.net
Wed Feb 12 08:27:01 CET 2003

I'm having a problem running anything from gstreamer (I'm trying to build it with GARNOME 0.21.2).  I'm running on an AMD Athlon, Linux/Glibc 2.2.5, GCC 3.2.  Here is my output when trying to run gst-register as root:

==> Running gst-register...
INFO (31664: 0) Initializing GStreamer Core Library version 0.6.0
INFO (31664: 0) CPU features: (c0c1f9ff) MMX 3DNOW MMXEXT
rebuilding global_registry
added plugin sdlvideosink with 1 feature(s)
added plugin mikmod with 1 feature(s)
added plugin mad with 1 feature(s)
added plugin lame with 1 feature(s)
added plugin jpeg with 2 feature(s)
added plugin httpsrc with 2 feature(s)
added plugin gnomevfssink with 1 feature(s)
added plugin gnomevfssrc with 1 feature(s)
added plugin ffmpegdecall with 1 feature(s)
added plugin esdmon with 1 feature(s)
added plugin esdsink with 1 feature(s)
added plugin artsdsink with 1 feature(s)
added plugin cdplayer with 1 feature(s)
added plugin videosink with 1 feature(s)
added plugin xvideosink with 1 feature(s)
added plugin vcdsrc with 1 feature(s)
added plugin v4lmjpegsink with 1 feature(s)
added plugin v4lmjpegsrc with 1 feature(s)
added plugin v4lsrc with 1 feature(s)
added plugin v4lelement with 1 feature(s)
added plugin ossaudio with 3 feature(s)
added plugin lavenc with 1 feature(s)
added plugin wavparse with 2 feature(s)
added plugin wavenc with 1 feature(s)
added plugin vumeter with 1 feature(s)
added plugin volume with 1 feature(s)
added plugin volenv with 1 feature(s)
added plugin videotestsrc with 1 feature(s)
added plugin videoscale with 1 feature(s)
added plugin videocrop with 1 feature(s)
added plugin vbidec with 1 feature(s)
added plugin udp with 2 feature(s)
added plugin synaesthesia with 1 feature(s)
added plugin stereosplit with 1 feature(s)
added plugin mono2stereo with 1 feature(s)
added plugin stereo2mono with 1 feature(s)
added plugin stereo with 1 feature(s)
added plugin speed with 1 feature(s)
added plugin spectrum with 1 feature(s)
added plugin smpte with 1 feature(s)
added plugin smooth with 1 feature(s)
added plugin sinesrc with 1 feature(s)
added plugin silence with 1 feature(s)
added plugin rtjpeg with 2 feature(s)
added plugin playondemand with 1 feature(s)
added plugin passthrough with 1 feature(s)
added plugin oneton with 1 feature(s)
added plugin monoscope with 1 feature(s)
added plugin mpeg1types with 2 feature(s)
added plugin mpeg2types with 2 feature(s)
added plugin mp3types with 1 feature(s)
added plugin mp3parse with 1 feature(s)
added plugin mpeg2subt with 1 feature(s)
added plugin mp1videoparse with 1 feature(s)
added plugin mpeg1enc with 1 feature(s)
added plugin median with 1 feature(s)
added plugin level with 1 feature(s)
added plugin mulaw with 2 feature(s)
added plugin alaw with 2 feature(s)
added plugin goom with 1 feature(s)
added plugin filter with 3 feature(s)
added plugin festival with 2 feature(s)
added plugin effectv with 8 feature(s)
added plugin deinterlace with 1 feature(s)
added plugin chart with 1 feature(s)
added plugin auparse with 2 feature(s)
added plugin ac3parse with 1 feature(s)
added plugin gstvideo with 0 feature(s)
added plugin gstriff with 0 feature(s)
added plugin gstresample with 0 feature(s)
added plugin gstidct with 0 feature(s)
added plugin gstaudio with 0 feature(s)
added plugin gstputbits with 0 feature(s)
added plugin gstgetbits with 0 feature(s)
added plugin gstbytestream with 0 feature(s)
added plugin gstindexers with 2 feature(s)
added plugin gsttypes with 2 feature(s)
added plugin gstoptwingoscheduler with 1 feature(s)
added plugin gstoptomegascheduler with 1 feature(s)
added plugin gstoptscheduler with 1 feature(s)
added plugin gstbasicwingoscheduler with 1 feature(s)
added plugin gstbasicomegascheduler with 1 feature(s)
added plugin gstelements with 13 feature(s)
added plugin gstspider with 2 feature(s)
added plugin autoplugger with 1 feature(s)
added plugin autoplugcache with 1 feature(s)
added plugin gststaticautoplugrender with 1 feature(s)
added plugin gststaticautoplug with 1 feature(s)
added plugin vorbis with 3 feature(s)
added plugin flac with 3 feature(s)
added plugin ffmpeg with 112 feature(s)
make: *** [post-install] Segmentation fault

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the ffmpeg plugin, or if there is something else wrong with my build.  I'm just hoping someone that knows a little more about gstreamer can help me track down this problem, as I've been unsuccessful so far (I've tried re-building the package 3 times through GARNOME's build system completely uninstalling all the installed files of gstreamer (including root's and my user's .gstreamer directories) before each rebuild attempt, as well as changing library names and verifying that GARNOME is installing everything in a place that my system sees.).  I'm thinking of trying to build gstreamer alone out of the GARNOME system (even though others have built it successfuly this way) or even running gst-register through gdb to see where I'm gettting the segfault from.  Thanks in advance for any help...

Adam