[gst-devel] Re: gst-player and hermes

Tuukka Toivonen tuukkat at ees2.oulu.fi
Tue Feb 25 04:30:42 CET 2003

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, Benjamin Otte wrote:

>Just out of interest: Xine and Mplayer include their own colorspace stuff?

Yes, it looks like that in MPlayer (dunno about Xine). From
MPlayer-0.90pre8/postproc/swscale.c:

----
  supported Input formats: YV12, I420/IYUV, YUY2, BGR32, BGR24, BGR16,
BGR15, RGB32, RGB24, Y8/Y800, YVU9/IF09
  supported output formats: YV12, I420/IYUV, {BGR,RGB}{1,4,8,15,16,24,32},
Y8/Y800, YVU9/IF09
  {BGR,RGB}{1,4,8,15,16} support dithering
----

By the way, if you're interested to know how MPlayer works, take a look in
DOCS/tech/libmpcodecs.txt and other files in the dir. MPlayer docs
are very good, even from the technical point.

Considering the huge variety of media that MPlayer supports, I wonder
if it would be difficult to convert whole MPlayer into Gstreamer
source module/modules?