[gst-devel] Scheduler issues.

iain iain at prettypeople.org
Thu Jan 2 16:46:13 CET 2003

Hey, I'm having issues destroying a pipeline.
Pipeline is custom-src ! f2i ! encoder ! filesink all in a GstThread.

Problem is that when I do gst_object_unref on the container bin, it
removes the f2i, then the sink, then the src and then crashes in
gst_basic_element_remove_element. Adding the debugging in the attached
patch prints out this:

removing element "f2i" from scheduler
chain: 0x8332210
removing element "sink" from scheduler
chain: 0x8332210
removing element "src" from scheduler
chain: (nil)
removing element "encoder" from scheduler
chain: 0x8332210

Without the if (chain == NULL) check in the patch, it then crashes
somewhere in gst_basic_scheduler_chain_remove_element, probably because
the chain is NULL.

The patch works, as in, it stops it from crashing, but I'm guessing the
NULL chain is just a symptom of something else. I just don't have the
knowledge to know what. Any ideas?

iain
--
Forget about the movement, come and play, come and play