[gst-devel] GStreamer Freeze

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller Uraeus at linuxrising.org
Sun Jan 19 02:59:05 CET 2003

Hi team,
Ok, the GStreamer freeze in preparation for 0.6.0 is in effect. This
means no patches are to be commited to CVS that adds features etc.
(Patches that add features/changes functionality that where commited
friday by mail will be reviewed and probably commited however).

The short term situation is that everyone is encouraged to create
patches for bugzilla bugs (crash bugs etc.) and of course other bugs you
discover that is not in bugzilla.

All patches are to be tested by me and thomas before commiting however.
 Build breakage or regressions are unacceptable at this point.

Sometime next week we will probably create a release branch for 0.6.0.

We will need to discuss if we will use that branch for development
towards 0.6.1 or if we will to begin with use head for development
towards 0.6.1 which would means no API breakeage allowed.

But sooner or later (which needs to be decided
between our core developers) we must create an API stable 0.6.x branch
and use head for a 0.7.x branch which can have API changes. I was in
favour of holding of this branching for a while, but thomas pointed out
at GNOMR only do bugfixes in their stable releases, no new features etc.
A part of me see the wisdom in that, a part of me thinks we are still so
feature incomplete that new features are bugfixes to us :)

Christian

--
Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller <Uraeus at linuxrising.org>