[gst-devel] signing releases & backups

David I. Lehn dlehn at vt.edu
Mon Jan 27 18:06:02 CET 2003

We should be a bit more formal aobut some of our project procedures.
Two things come to mind:

signing releases:

We should be, at a minimum, putting out md5sums with our releases.  Or
better yet, signing with PGP/GPG.  I know omega was trying to get setup
a key a while ago.  But I don't think that got far.  If we don't have a
master project key it would be good if at least someone personally
signed releases.

Anyone have suggestions on how to do this?  Does GNOME have policies on
such things?

backups:

SourceForge.net has a list of things we should be backing up.  Who is
doing this on a regular basis?  Our CVS tarball is 23M!  (which is why i
stopped daily mirroring of it long ago)  Anyone backing up our SQL data?
file releases?

https://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=6840&group_id=1#projectresp

-dave