[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] dschleef gst-plugins: gst-plugins/ext/pango/

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Wed Jul 2 04:11:06 CEST 2003

Hey Dave,

On Wed, 2003-07-02 at 10:07, David Schleef wrote:
> overlays text of the current timestamp

Cool! But one small comment, though. ;). I'd prefer if this consisted of
two plugins, one that overlays random text on the image, and one text
input plugin. The text-overlay plugin is basically similar to the
subtitle overlay plugin, although that one works on I420 frames. We
could probably combine these into a general textoverlay plugin that
overlays any text on any type of raw input image, and then create a
separate time-text-input plugin and move the actual subtitle plugin from
Thomas over to HEAD CVS, too.

Is anyone interested in merging the I420/RGB textoverlay plugins and
moving the subtitle stuff into HEAD CVS? That'd be way cool!

Ronald