[gst-devel] Midi and GStreamer

Benjamin Otte in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Thu Jul 10 11:19:33 CEST 2003

For a plugin like the synthesizer this sounds quite logical, yes.
Though you will probably not want to use fixed duration buffers for midi.
and use filler events instead when you have latency problems.

btw: If you really want to get started with doing midi on GStreamer, you
should probably try doing a midifile plugin and a ossmidisink first,
before trying to do the hard stuff like latency dependant processing, so
you get a feeling of what programming with GStreamer is like.

Benjamin