[gst-devel] MPEG over RTP

Ted Gould ted at gould.cx
Thu Jul 17 08:40:43 CEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 04:06, Ralph Meijer wrote:
> RFC 2250 requires the RTP timestamp to be filled with the presentation
> timestamp, so this has to be created in the way I described above. So
> each RTP packet (which can contain a fragment of the data belonging
> to a certain picture) carries this timestamp. But they are not monotonically
> increasing.

Okay, this is the part that I didn't understand.  I thought that you
just wanted to be able to play the video on the other end of the
system.  If you need to meet a spec. in the middle that's a little bit
different :)

BTW: In my experience it's best to assume that the GOP size and type
will change - it seems like they always do when you least want them to.

		--Ted