[gst-devel] MPEG over RTP

Ralph Meijer ralphm at wat.moet.ik.nu
Thu Jul 17 13:09:18 CEST 2003

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 08:37:07PM -0700, Zeeshan Ali wrote:
> [...]
>
>   Right and the plugin code should be moved to the rtp
> dir IMHO.

Is it ok to use the mpeg parsing code of the mpegstream dir
then? I've not found any plugins borrowing code from other
plugins in the tree.

> > My first approach was to create the MPEG-specific
> > header in the rfc2250enc
> > component and use another mime-type between
> > rfc2250enc and a new component
> > called rtpmpegenc. The timestamp would be passed on
> > via the buffer timestamp.
>
>   Sounds goood..

Yeah, the idea was nice, but has some drawbacks I outlined in my
second mail.

> [...]
>
>   IMHO, it would not be a bad idea looking at the
> problem(s) you stated above. I never knew about this
> problem regarding mpeg. wtay would be having some nice
> suggestion about this. Plz ask his advice before doing
> anything like this. and IMHO it belongs to rtp dir.

I'd hoped wtay was also reading this list, but you suggest
I talk to him directly?

--
Groetjes,

Ralphm